Thursday, May 22, 2008

Team Gastro

Wow, this week was a complete shocker and totally predictable all at the same time. The winning team, well, duh, of course they were going to win. But for Dale to get shipped off when Lisa's still there (how?!?), that boggles my mind. Well, Dave's the clear winner this week, getting three out of the four correct - really, who could have predicted Dale to go home?

Roundup:
1. From watching the quickfire, I would have guessed that Dale was going to win this round, but surprisingly Antonia was picked as the one the restaurant's owner would hired for her line. Either way, that job would suck!

2. Well, the winning team didn't surprise me at all. I don't think the judges had a single negative thing to say about Antonia, Richard and Stephanie's team. Stephanie I think was a good choice as the overall winner because she not only cooked two or three of the team's dishes, she also decorated the restaurant and played hostess very well. You go girl! She cleans up well, too. Very pretty with the makeup and gel in her hair. (Click here for one of the winning recipes, Stephanie's handmade linguine with clams and sausage.)

3. This is where I was a little surprised. Not that I don't think Dale deserved to go home for his really bad food (butterscotch scallops? make me barf!) and his lack of leadership, but Lisa had two terrible dished and Spike didn't do a damn thing. Oh well. I still am in disbelief that either Spike or Lisa got this far.

4. Of course there was a fight, Dale was still there. Of course I may have to say no from now on, the remaining chefs are fairly well behaved. But there still is Spike and Lisa...well, maybe just one more fight's in the cards.

No comments: